Nepal’s point of Interest : Top 5 famous places in Nepal in 2019
Nepal is a diverse country in terms of both culture and geographical topography .Nepal is also considered as the piece of heaven. Some of the Nepal’s point of interest or the top 5 famous places in Nepal in 2019 are :
- Tilicho Lake is located at Manang district of Nepal at an altitude of 4919 meter .
- It is one of the Nepal’s point of interest if you are willing to visit Nepal in 2019 .
- Tilicho Lake is the highest lake in the world in terms of its size .
- It covers the are of 4.8km2
- The parent range of Tilicho Lake is Annapurna Massif
Similarly the second most famous place in Nepal that you should visit in 2019 is Upper Mustang .
- It is located at the north of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountain ranges in the basin of the Kaligandaki River .
- Before it was an independent kingdom but was tied by language and the culture of the Tibet .
- It is mostly a barren landscape and the culture of that region is the most attractive thing for the visitors travelling there .
- Life of the people in mustang mostly revolves around animal husbandry ,trade and tourism .
Annapurna Base Camp
Annapurna Base Camp is located at the height of 4113m is one of the legendary trek offering the breathtaking view of the mountains .
If you are a backpacker then Annapurna Base Camp Trek should be in your bucket list since it is one of the Nepal’s point of interest .
You can experience the Nepali culture ,people and their way of living .
The best season for trekking to Annapurna Base Camp is especially during the mid of September to November and and from March to May .
You can experience the wonderful view of the Dhaulagiri ,Annapurna and other number of peaks just in-front of your eyes.
- It is located at the altitude of 4700-5000m from the sea level .
- These lakes are the highest freshwater lake system in the world ,comprising of the 6 main lakes among which Thanok lake is the largest .
- Gokyo lies in Solukhumbu district and it is designated in the world heritage site .
- Gokyo Lakes covers the are of 96.2 hectares.
- It is one of the holy lake for both Hindus and Buddhist .
- And roughly more than 7000 tourist visit this lake .
- It is also the part of extended Everest Base Camp trek popular as the EBC treks through Gokyo Lakes.
- Rara Lake is one of the biggest and deepest fresh water lake and furthermore it is one of the famous place in Nepal that you need to visit in 2019 .
- It is located in the Mugu District .It lies at the altitude of 2990m and covers area of 10.8 sq.km .
- This lake is surrounded by the Rara National Park .
- It is one of the popular destination in the Western region of Nepal and it has very rough roads . You can enjoy the view of various mountain ranges on the way also .
Along with these there are many destinations in Nepal that are historically, naturally and culturally significant and these destinations proves that Nepal is a country that you must visit at least once in your lifetime .